stories of the Mix family lovin' the country life



Friday, September 16, 2011

One of the great joys in my life now as a grown-up missionary kid is seeing some of our dear pastor friends who have supported my parents since I was a little girl.  Tonight I was privileged to hear one such pastor preach.  His church has supported my parents for 18 years, and he has been the pastor this whole time.  Not many preachers stay at a church for that long, and not many pastors will take notice of the missionary KIDS.  This pastor and the church where he pastors bring up so many warm memories of everything I loved about traveling on deputation with my parents and siblings.  I really enjoyed the sermon tonight.  Here are a few of things that were said:

"In order for your prayer life to be effectual, you must have a place where you pray every day."

"With everything else that you are doing, how much time do you have left for God?"

"We are good at forgiving people who don't really need it, but we don't like to forgive those who really need forgiveness."

1 comment: