stories of the Mix family lovin' the country life



Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I have a big Starbucks mug that I just love.  My sister-in-law gave it to me for Christmas in 2010, and I drink coffee and tea in it almost every day.  It holds two cups of coffee (now you see why I like it so much). 

Well, yesterday, I decided to do some reading while the kids were napping.  I sat Indian style on the couch with a book and my big cup full of hot tea--and dumped the whole cup right onto my lap.  OUCH!!!  I did a sort-of dance around the living room, staying as quiet as possible.  After a second, I realized I had to take off my skirt and tights, because they were saturated with the burning liquid and were continuing to burn my legs.  I ended up with a dinner-plate sized burn across the top of my thighs.  I probably should have gone to the emergency room to be checked, but I didn't want to wait a few hours and then be told, "You appear to have first and second degree burns on your legs."  ["Oooohhhh, so THAT'S what happened.  I was wondering."]  They would probably just tell me to keep the area clean and come back if it gets infected.

So I just sat in Bobby's big chair all afternoon and evening with three bags of frozen veggies on my legs.   I was so thankful that Bobby did not have a long day at work. He took care of supper and the kids.  By the time I went to bed, the pain was almost gone.  I was able to sleep well.  This morning I am uncomfortable but not in pain.  I have blisters on both legs that rub when I walk, so I am surprised it doesn't really hurt anymore.  Being able to sit that long with the ice must have really helped.  I told Bobby that his taking care of everything is what allowed me to feel better so quickly.  I am thankful for such a caring husband.  

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! So sorry about that. That would not be fun. Your school room looks sweet and homey in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Take it easy until they are healed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that hurts just reading about it! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch chica.. i have this burn cream that if you need some let me know!! <3 ya

    ReplyDelete