stories of the Mix family lovin' the country life



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Five-Year-Old Sinner

Tonight I was awakened by a big (and loud) thunderstorm.  As I was lying in bed trying to go back to sleep, I remembered back to a similar night was I was a little girl.

I was five years old when it happened.  I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep.  I had been taught about salvation at home and at church.  A few days earlier, I had come to understand that I was lost.  I was a little five-year-old sinner, just like everyone else in this world.  I knew Jesus had died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sin, but unless I accepted Him, I would be eternally lost and not be allowed into Heaven.  I knew all of this; and as I lay in my bunkbed twenty-three years ago, I finally prayed and asked Jesus to forgive my sin and save my soul.

What a wonderful thing God did for me!  I could never be good enough to deserve Heaven!  Yet God loved me so much that He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross in my place!  Now when God looks at me, He doesn't see my sin.  He sees the righteousness of Jesus!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life".
John 3:16

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead,
thou shalt be saved."
Romans 10:9

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Romans 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment