stories of the Mix family lovin' the country life



Wednesday, July 6, 2011



I haven't written anything yet this week, and I'll tell you why. My parents are here!!!!! My mom and dad are missionaries who live in Hungary, but this week they are at our house!!!!! We have been having so much fun just talking together and drinking lots of coffee. Of course, Mom needed to go to WalMart (it's tradition), and my girls wanted a tea party with Grandma, so obviously we've been busy! Lizzie, my morning child, loves waking up with Grandpa while he reads his Bible. Abbey loves having Grandma read to her during the day. Jonathan babbles away at anyone who talks to him. All in all, it's been a fun, and very full, week.

I started reading a book my mom found at Goodwill called Speed Cleaning by Jeff Campbell and the Clean Team. I'm only a few chapters in, but I did learn something new. He recommends using an apron to store your cleaning supplies in while you work. Maybe I'm just weird, but that sounds like the coolest idea! I never thought of that. Does anyone do that? It makes sense that it would save time, since a person would not need to keep walking back to the cabinet to get another tool or cleaner. I think I'm going to try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Abbey is on a corn syrup-free diet for three weeks, and guess what? I've lost 4 pounds in the last ten days! I didn't think I ate that much corn syrup, but—surprise! My goal of cooking from scratch and eating as much as I can from my garden is going well, too. Maybe that is part of the reason I have lost weight, too. All I know is that I am pretty happy about it.

Enjoy another summery day, everyone! Love your children, and make someone extra happy today!

Hannah Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment