stories of the Mix family lovin' the country life



Monday, August 29, 2011

Hello, everyone.

It's pretty quiet at our house.

I have been whispering all day.

I'm not playing a game.  I'm not trying to prove a point.

I just lost my voice.

When I yell it sounds like this:

"You-[squeak]-KIDS-stop-[painful swallow]-JUMp[squeak]ing ON the [cough cough] bed [croak]!"

The kids look at me like they want to laugh but are not brave enough.

They sit down very slowly with twinkles in their eyes and a slight grin on their lips.

I can't swallow anything, so I guess I'll just have to have ice cream for supper.  (Now I have the twinkling eyes.)  Maybe I'll have ice cream for dessert, too!  wink

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon...just the thought of ice cream should make it all better, right?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete