stories of the Mix family lovin' the country life



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Not my will...

Letters to my children #4

Dear Abbey,

One of the things I admire about you is your strong will.  Once you learn something, that "thing" is set in stone, and no one will change your mind.  Certain rules like staying away from the road, not talking to strangers, and wearing your seat belt in the car are unchangeable in your mind.

I pray so much for you to surrender your whole will to the Lord.  You are still young, but you are building the character that you will have for the rest of your life.  Like Jesus said to Paul in the last part of Acts 9:5, "...it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."  As long as you resist obeying, you will not be happy.

Even I, as a grownup, sometimes struggle with following God's plan.  Usually it's a heart struggle, not something that you or anyone else can see.  But I know I have to keep surrendering my heart's will to the Lord.  I have to keep doing His will and following His plan.  He can see the bigger picture.  He knows exactly what would be best for me.  When I obey, everything eventually falls into place.

Even Jesus surrendered to the Father's will, when He said in Luke 22:42, "...Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.  He obeyed the Father's will even to the cross, where He died to pay the punishment for our sins.

If you will learn this now as a young girl, I know you have the strength to live it for the rest of your life.  People will try to make you change your beliefs, but you will stay strong.  You are a natural leader.  You will be a good example of a Christian lady, and you will encourage others to follow the Lord.  You will stand up for what is right.

When we walk with the Lord,
In the Light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way.
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still
And with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

Someday, you will be all grown up.  You will start a new life.  I will watch you with a hint of pride, because I know you will DO RIGHT.  You just have to decide to do things God's way. 

I love you so much, and I want all the best for you.

 Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment